Prom 2K17


Shopping with my teen to me is the equivalent to having my toenails yanked out by pliers one by one.  I think the word “teen” speaks for itself.  She’s at this stage where she knows EVERYTHING and Mom and Dad know nothing.  Yes, in all her infinite wisdom.

 I can’t fault her it’s typical and she’s very much like myself when I was that age.  Every dress she picked out looked the same and she rarely gave dresses with a unique design a second look.  The thing is often the prettiest garments don’t hang well so they must be tried on for the full effect. 

So my daughter scouts the online stores looking for dresses.  Her beau, who is a Junior at a neighboring high school had picked his evening attire and she needed to match his dark green suit.  She settled on a sequin dress from a store operated out of the UK.  Unfortunately, the dress was sold out in her size and because it was sequin I refused to gamble with alterations.  Heck, the dress was only $79 I would have paid that and more in alteration. 

So she picked a floor length fit and flare lace gown with a small train….so we thought.  What we got was a super heavy gown with a ridiculously long train, one fit for a wedding gown.  The sleeves were a wad of lace material doubled over in the seam.  Now with alterations the dress could be altered and fixed to be beautiful but I had no desire to spend the money or time doing this.  So what do we do? I thought….

One of my favorite online retailers is ASOS…. I love their clothing.  I’ve even ordered maternity wear from ASOS.  I checked the website Easter Sunday lounging around my mother’s house and came across this cute gown with a dark green leaf pattern,  ASOS Palm Print One Shoulder Scuba Dip Back Prom Dress.  Not only does the dress come in a petite but regular, tall and plus. 

 


Now initially my daughter snubbed her nose up saying she hated one shoulder dresses and just wasn’t a fan.  ASOS has a great feature on their site. They offering runway videos of their garments.  She watched the video and agreed the dress was pretty cute.  Not only was it cute it was only $90 on sale at the time.  I ordered her a size 4 petite and received it that Wednesday. 

When the bag arrived on my step I was scared it seemed small but it was neatly folded, made from quality material and true to the photographs and video. 

Needless to say my daughter did not have any twins at prom and her dress was unique and definitely a show stopper. 

Now, I just need to get rid of the first dress or I’ll never hear the end of it…….
Cheers,
S,

No comments:

Post a Comment