"Mom of the Year"

I know I've been MIA for a while.  I've been too busy earning my way to the coveted "Mom of the Year" award.  Yep.... and I can say things are looking great.

You all know about Baby J....I know you may think Dang does she have any other kids...Well see I have a few possible blog subjects but....Baby J is with me nearly 24/7 so he provides Mommy with a lot of material.

First I  will start by telling you what a fabulous mommy I've been this past week.  So great in fact, I totally forgot about St. Patrick's Day...yep I sent my kids off to the pinching war with no armor.  I realized it halfway through the day.  Green isn't a common color in their wardrobe and I was so wrapped up in preparing for picture day I over looked the pesky day. I know...I know don't be jealous of my stellar multitasking skills.

On a completely different day (I can't blame it on "an off day") I grabbed my keys and the automatic opener, since it broke off my keychain, to drive the 50 yards or so to the bus stop.  Don't judge it was wet and windy out and my son was still in Pjs...okay judge.

It was trash and recycle day.  I noticed some of my recycle had blown in my neighbor's yard across the street.  I do the neighborly thing and stop to retrieve it.  Now my son is not in his seat (keep judging) because we were going literally next door.  I grab the recycle that had landed sporadically throughout the neighbor's yard.  My truck is running and I throw the cardboard into my trunk.  I close the trunk and walk around to the driver side and hear the distinctive sound of the door locking....

Now like any person I grab the door anyway in disbelief.  Yep, its locked.  I peer through the window and see my son smiling and laughing as if mommy's face pressed to the window was the funniest thing he's ever seen.  He smiled at me holding up the darn automatic opener.  Apparently I left it on the middle console. Smart I know.

Baby J finds mommy peering through the window hilarious.  He's sitting in the passenger seat holding the opener.  I yell through the window for him to press the button.  He laughs and holds it up as if handing it to me and appears to be contemplating climbing to the window but thinks better of it. 

He's bouncing to music and waving the opener and I keep thinking, ok what do I do?  I knew the police would jimmy my door because there was a child in the vehicle and it was running....yep its happened before. 

My husband locked Ava in the car years ago in the parking lot of Food Lion.  The police jimmied the door for him.  Now I know I shouldn't have been thinking about anything but getting my son out the car but for a brief moment I thought....how would I explain him not being in his seat?

So I think, I'll just try to get him to unlock it a little bit longer....the bus was pulling up and my girls start running down the street, all the while I am knocking on the window begging Baby J to press the button.  He does press the button....the lock button.  I can hear to locks clicking over and over and he laughs and laughs. 

Finally.... I hear a click of a different sort....Hallelujah he unlocked the door.  I grab the door handle before he locks it again. Heaven only knows how many times he'd lock it before he'd unlock it again. 

Needless to say I've learned my lesson...but it was no consolation prize because I had to eat crow and tell Jarrett...see my girls tell on us both whenever anything happens.  They can't hold water and they would've ratted me out as soon as he got home.   I gave him flack the day he locked Ava in the car.....but at least I can say Baby J locked himself in the car....

Yes, I could live with that...

Cheers,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment