Let Dads be Dads


So my son likes to wonder off and explore when we're out. Maybe growl at people passing by because that's how he says "what's up". I'm usually a flustered mess chasing after him, sippy cup in one hand, bag in the other, tripping over myself, and running to catch up....

While my husband slowly walks behind him like Michael Meyers or some chainsaw murderer, nice and smooth in no rush at all yet he still catches him. Meanwhile....I think of every scenario that can go wrong to land us in the ER and subsequently with a CPS home visit....

I use to ride (nag) my husband about being more attentive thinking,  geesh they could hurt themselves....Then it would happen....on my watch with all my attention and fuss they would always get the boo boo on my watch.  Being the wonderful husband that he is he never said anything but I could tell what he was thinking.....

I guess we should just let dads be dads...hey if the kids eat pizza and chicken nuggets for dinner on dad's watch well at least they ate.  If dad does hair and the part is crooked and the shirt he picked out is more suited for summer not the current season of winter....Well thank God you have a husband who tries....

Thank you Jarrett for being the most amazing daddy and hubby on the face of the earth....xoxo

Cheers,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment