Fifty Shades of Bad Acting....and Casting

I should start with the fact that I've read this entire series including Grey.  We all know books are always better than the movie.  Yes....we know you can't fit all the book details into a movie but darn it at least get the casting right. 

If you've read the book and you have any imagination whatsoever you probably imagined Christian Grey to be say...6'3 or taller with an athletic build.  A man that towers over Anastasia.  I imagined him to have a dominating physical presence.  Then there's the movie Grey....well lets just say he doesn't measure up to my Grey. 

Now I'm not completely superficial here.  Let's touch on the acting chops in this film.  I felt like I was watching an over the top high school play of Macbeth.  With the exception of a few actors to include Anastasia played by Dakota Johnson and Jake played by Eric Johnson the acting was mediocre.  Rita Ora performed in her minor part as Christian's sister Mia better than some of the actors with bigger supporting roles. 


Details of the book were altered understandably yet still disappointingly.  One of my favorite parts of the book was Christian putting the kilbosh on Jack's trip to NYC.  This detail was altered entirely although it was the catalyst that started Jack's animosity. 

I know my fellow readers of the series can't help but go see the movie as I couldn't but it doesn't change the fact that it pales in comparison to the book.

On the bright side the music compilation was great. I'd recommend the soundtrack

Regardless of the lackluster Fifty Shades Darker my Ladies' Night was still a hit.  The food was great the drinks were better and my company was amazing.  I returned home and my husband had everything under control.  All the kids were fed and sound asleep.

Meals to try @ CineBistro
The Lobster Roll Sliders
Popcorn Shrimp
Chicken and Waffles
Drinks
Strawberry Mango Lemon drop
Berry Breeze

Cheers,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment