What’s on your Vanity?

In my best Capital One commercial voice I ask with curiosity; What’s on your Vanity?

Recently with the cold weather and the hustle and bustle of life my skincare has suffered. I’ve done the bare minimum and it shows. I realize that most of my issues are self inflicted. Honestly, I can’t blame them on hormones. 

First I’ll tell you what I was doing wrong. (Everything) Then, I’ll share some products I’ve recently started using. I can’t review their effectiveness YET but you can follow me on my skincare journey.


What I was doing WRONG.


  1. Not wrapping my hair at night. So this is a no no.... especially for the style and texture of hair I have. It was half parts lazy and the other half vanity.  I mean who wants to go to bed with their head wrapped up.  Not sexy.  Although to my husband's credit he would constantly try to remind me.   There’s no excuse.  I noticed breakouts around my jaw line where my hair would rest.  My face acting as a sponge for the oil in my hair. Yuck!
  2. Not washing my face with a facial cleanser. I would wash with Dove and head to bed.... there’s no justification so I’ll move on
  3. Not removing make up at night. I am embarrassed to say that I have fallen asleep with a face full of makeup. Ugh..... terrible. Although not often it has happened and when I did remove my makeup I’m almost positive it wasn’t completely.
  4. Not drinking enough water..... water hydrates your body and YOUR SKIN.. Water flushes toxins from your body.  Your kidneys use water to rid the body of waste products.  If you don't drink enough water the kidneys can't do their job.  
  5. Not moisturezing. This is so important and I skipped this step way too often.
  6. Picking breakout instead of treating them. Picking leads to scars. Everyone hates scars.


What I’m dining NOW. 


None of the above!

Everything listed above I rectified doing a 180 about face... (get it 🤪).


  1. Face wash I  currently use  Insta Natural Vitamin C Facial Cleanser also sold at Walmart online.
  2. Acne spot treatment Mario Badescu Drying Lotion (recommended to me) This line is also sold at Nordstroms. 
  3. The Ordinary (Visibly regulates sebum and minimizes pores)
  4. Clinique (Step 3) Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ with Pump, 4.2 oz leaves my skin a little oily I think I’ll try the gel consistency when I finish this bottle. The gel is lighter. (you can find on Amazon but I purchased at Macy's) 
  5. Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm, 3.8 oz I received this product in my monthly IPSY Glam Bag last month.  




So far I am happy with my skincare regiment.  I use Tarte Cosmetics foundation right now although I only wear it maybe twice a month.  I usually go bareface most days.  My IPSY  bag had a sample and I loved it so its my new favorite.  I am looking for a lighter coverage for the summer and my vacation.  

Cheers,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment