"P" Word Scare

The other day Ava yells from her room that her brother is removing his diaper and touching his "P" word. 

I ran to the room thinking dear lord how does she know about the "P" word and what is he doing.

When I entered the room he's laid back in the bed with one side of his diaper removed touching himself without a care in the world. 

Now this is not new.  He's not a fan of clothes and will walk around the house in his birthday suit if you let him.

I've been told not to overreact and this is normal but my main concern was.....What "P" word is she referring to? Finally I get up the nerve to ask Ava...."What "P" word?"

Of course I should note that Ava is my child who is too smart for her own good and very expressive vocally. We've all got at least one of them and she's mine.  She gives me this odd look as if  saying "Really mom, you don't know what the "P" word is". Finally she says in an exasperated tone "His private mom".

I didn't realize I was holding my breath until I released it......

Crisis averted the "P" word has not entered her vocabulary yet....

But....Baby J is quite fond of his "P" word and I doubt this will be its last appearance.

Cheers,
S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment