Day 6 of The 31 Day Blog Challenge

Day 6.... I figured I’d skip around the list and make things a little less predictable. What better choice to pick than #12. With all the lottery mayhem going on I figured it was fitting.

Okay.....

My husband and I are very different when it comes to lifestyles as it pertains to hypothetical wealth. While he is generous he would certainly want to live the life of the Rich and Famous.

I, on the other hand am a bit more practical which is weird because he’s the thrifty one with our current finances. Of course it’s  because he has to be.

I don’t see myself suddenly opting to stop shopping at Hobby Lobby or HomeGoods and buying up Restoration Hardware just because I can.

I would tithe. Being a blessing to my family and friends would be a must. Especially my parents, siblings and in-laws.



Setting aside funds for my children and future grandchildren would also be a priority but not so they could sit around and live off their inheritance. No. It’s purpose would be to enhance the life they established for themselves. We will not take care of adults children. 🙅🏾‍♀️

I would invest. I have a modest portfolio I started with Stash and it could use some life breathed into it but I’d definitely seek a firm that can handle investments of that magnitude.

I would pay off my home and sow it to a family in need. Then I’d purchase a new one but not a sprawling mansion. My dream home is a white farmhouse with a tree lined driveway approx 4500 sq ft. My husband on the other hand would live in a sprawling mansion but happy wife, happy life right?!?!

Lastly, I would travel. I would write, journal, blog and fly around the world taking my kids to every continent. We would travel to as many countries as we could and experience as many cultures as we can.

I am sure I’m leaving something out because there are a million things I’d like to do. Like actually get the non-profit I applied for off the ground, adopt or foster a child(ern and so much more.

Surprisingly my dream car, which isn’t some over the top vehicle is one I could get now (preowned of course 😜). An Audi Q7, brand new and  fully loaded would be my treat to myself.

No fame needed or wanted. I’ll take the money.

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Cheers,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment